For the last ten years, investors and end users who want buy a property in Istanbul preferred its European side. This part of the city has an excellent reputation due to a wide range of residential and commercial projects, so the lion’s share of sales in the local market falls on it.
However, experienced buyers have long realized the value of the Asian side of Istanbul and its importance in terms of investment. It boasts not only absolute peace, beautiful nature, and various tourist places, such as Brides Hill and Maiden Tower but also a growing number of new projects.
Below you can find out the main factors that make buying a property in the Asian part of Istanbul an excellent investment.
Overview of the Asian side of Istanbul
The history of Istanbul originated precisely in its Asian part, namely in the Kadikoy district. The total area of the city is 5,462 m2. Its Asian side is washed by the Sea of Marmara in the south and the Black Sea in the north. It is separated from the European part by the Bosphorus Strait.
The Asian side occupies a large part of the urban area, it includes 21 districts. Kadikoy, Uskyudar and Maltepe are the oldest and most famous districts. Local real estate attracts buyers who appreciate the tranquility and beauty of nature. There is an underwater tunnel connecting the two sides of Istanbul in the Marmara Sea.
Despite the fact that the Asian side is older, and there are many settlements around the Kadikoy area, the European side is more populated. This is due to the fact that the second one is located in the center of Istanbul, where objects related to business and industry are concentrated.
The Asian side is famous for its strategic geographical location, as it connects the continents of Asia and Europe. Therefore, the Turkish government pays special attention to it, investing in the development of local infrastructure over the past two decades. Besides, the Asian part boasts a modern public transport network, which mainly includes buses and trains.
Advantages of living and owning real estate in the Asian part of Istanbul
The Asian side of Istanbul has numerous advantages. In addition to the beautiful nature and calm atmosphere, it combines modernity and development. Here you can find everything a person needs for a comfortable stay, from a convenient public transport system, which has already been mentioned above, to schools, universities, shopping malls, parks, gardens and hospitals.
Among the key advantages of the Asian side should be highlighted the proximity to the Sabiha Gokcen International Airport and a wide range of real estate. Investors and end users can easily select residential and commercial properties here that will fully match their financial capabilities and preferences.
Among the main reasons why foreigners and Turks decide to invest in real estate on the Asian side of Istanbul, it should be highlighted:
- Proximity to the tourist and commercial center of the city. The Bosphorus Strait separates the two sides of Istanbul, so residents of the Asian side can enjoy a calm atmosphere and relax from the hustle and bustle of the city, being just a 10-minute walk from the European side.
- Wealthy population. Most of the people who live on the Asian side of Istanbul are upper-class. Local real estate is owned by politicians, judges, officers and other people respected in Turkish society.
- Quick access to important infrastructure facilities. On the Asian side of Istanbul, such important infrastructure facilities as metro stations, bus stops, hospitals, schools, universities, etc. are evenly distributed. That is why almost everyone living here can get to them in a short period of time.
- The government’s interest in the development of the Asian side and the timely repair of local facilities.
- Construction of a new Istanbul Financial Center or «Financial City» in the Atashehir district. This strategic area extends over an area of 3.2 million m2 and is adjacent to the international highway TEM. There are branches of large financial institutions and international organizations, which employ more than 30,000 specialists.
The most famous areas in the Asian part of Istanbul
The following areas are most popular among investors, ex-pats and tourists:
- Uskyudar. Uskyudar is a well-known tourist area. It boasts outstanding attractions that attract foreigners. The local real estate market includes a number of residential and commercial complexes. Some of them are ready for operation, and some are still under construction. Residents of Uskyudar can enjoy a luxurious environment, a high level of security, a wide range of services, as well as a large selection of cafes and restaurants of international cuisine, bars, cinemas, and other entertainment venues.
- Kadikoy. Kadikoy is located next to Uskyudar and is its historical continuation since the area is also located next to the Bosphorus Strait. It is considered an ideal location for investments in all sectors, especially in real estate and tourism.
- Atashehir. Atashehir is one of the three most famous financial centers in Turkey. Lots of large investment companies are located on its territory. The district was founded in 2008 near the Bosphorus Strait. It is just a few steps from Uskyudar and Kadikoy.
Our assistance in buying real estate in Istanbul
It doesn’t matter where the investor or the end user wants to buy a property, on the European or Asian side of Istanbul. He will find what he is looking for Turk.Estate.The aggregator’s extensive database contains the best residential and commercial units located in the most promising regions of Turkey. To get help with the selection of an object, support at all stages of the transaction, and high-quality after-sales service, contact the company’s specialists directly.