A low-carb diet is a diet that limits the intake of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for our body and if you don’t get enough carbs in your diet, it can result in weight loss.
What is a low carb diet?
If you’re looking to lose weight, a low-carb diet can help. It’s a type of diet that restricts the number of carbohydrates consumed per meal. Carbohydrates are the major source of energy for your body and they aid in satiety.
Why should you go for a low-carb diet?
There are many reasons to go on a low-carb diet. Here are some of them:
- Weight loss. –-by reducing your carbohydrate intake, you will be able to lose weight without feeling hungry. You will also have an increase in energy levels, which means that you can do more activities during the day and still manage to keep up with your daily routine. Thankfully, tracking your weight has never been easier. Lasta’s weight loss application comes with features that allow you not only to track your weight loss but also to provide resources on healthy living.
- Better blood sugar control – this is because most carbohydrates are converted into glucose after eating them, which makes them suitable for diabetics but not so much for non-diabetics who want to avoid high glucose levels in their bloodstream (which could lead to complications).
How to plan your low-carb diet?
A low-carb diet is all about planning, so it’s important to get your head around what you can eat and what you can’t.
- Get a list of the foods that are allowed on your new diet. Start by listing all the fruits, vegetables, and other healthy food groups that are included in a low-carb diet. For example: fruit (fruits), vegetables (vegetables) nuts & seeds, etc…
- Next create a list of food groups that aren’t allowed on this plan, such as grains/starches like wheat pasta rice cereal pasta noodles, etc. This will help when shopping for groceries or deciding whether or not certain items might be acceptable within moderation once they’ve been removed from their original lists above!
What are the foods that you should avoid in a low-carb diet?
The foods that you should avoid in a low-carb diet are:
- Refined sugar and flour. These are the main culprits for our obesity epidemic, so it’s important to avoid them as much as possible. There’s a reason why these two ingredients have been referred to as “white death”. They’re loaded with refined carbohydrates which turn into fat once digested, leading to insulin resistance and weight gain over time. If you do eat them on occasion (as long as they’re not processed), then try substituting them with natural sweeteners such as stevia or monk fruit extract instead!
- Processed foods made with white rice or wheat flour such as bread/biscuits/pastries etc., cakes/doughnuts, etc., pizza bases, etc., pasta sauces made from wheat flour too – this includes anything containing packaged sauces like ketchup/mayonnaise, etc.
What are the foods that you could eat on a low-carb diet?
The foods that you can eat in a low-carb diet are:
- Meat and fish – Beef, pork, chicken, and turkey should be consumed. You can add fish like salmon to your diet too.
- Eggs – Egg whites or egg yolks are used as a substitute for some carbohydrates from flour and starch-based products (bread). It’s also a good source of protein which helps in the weight loss process by reducing your appetite pangs.
- Dairy products such as cheese, milk, etc., contain lactose but it doesn’t cause bloating like other lactose-containing items such as ice cream, etc.
Follow a low-carb diet with determination and monitoring.
Low-carbohydrate dieting is not a magic pill. It’s not a quick fix that will make you lose weight overnight, nor should it be considered an excuse to binge on cheese and butter. Rather, low-carb diets are about changing your lifestyle so that you can eat more healthfully and feel good about what you’re eating. If you want to lose weight or keep it off long-term (and who doesn’t?), then this is a great place to start!
The low-carb diet is a very effective way to lose weight. However, you must be careful about the types of foods you eat on this diet. If you want to lose weight, then try this diet plan out once in a while.