If you’re wondering how to use an ice roller on the face, and want to know if they really work, keep reading!
Have you heard about these wonderful tools yet? If not, ice rollers could be just what you need to complete your beauty routine. If you find that you wake up with puffy cheeks or eyes, or you seem to always have dark circles, then this could be a very simple way to help reduce those issues. Rolling the skin has been used for thousands of years, beginning with the Chinese, and it is still in use today. There’s something to be said about the effectiveness of a technique if it’s been used for that long!
There are all kinds of rollers available out there, and it can be confusing if you don’t know which one would be best for your skin. Chances are you’ve seen influencers using jade face rollers, but what about ice rollers? If you’re looking to reduce puffiness, ice rolling your facial skin could be your best bet.
In today’s article, we’re going to cover:
- What face rollers do (including how to use an ice roller on the face!)
- The results you can expect from face rollers
- Our favorite ice face rollers are out there now
What does a face roller do: benefits of face rolling
Why should you include face rolling in your beauty regimen?
Face rolling is a great way to get your best skin ever.
- Firms your skin. This is one of the best reasons to use a facial roller, no matter what stone you decide to get. By rolling in an upward motion, you’re working against gravity and moving the muscles and lifting them at the same time. Doing this often can give you the appearance of firmer, younger-looking skin. Over time you may find that your skin looks more radiant after you use your roller as it “wakes up” your skin cells to help put your best face forward.
- Reduces puffiness. Another common problem that people have, especially when they first wake up in the morning, is puffiness. Whether it’s under your eyes, on your eyelids, or around your cheeks and jaw, no one wants to look puffy when they start their day. Doing facial rolling (especially if you’re doing an ice roll!) can help reduce the look of puffiness and inflammation. Massaging these areas can help move any fluid that may have accumulated overnight.
- Improves circulation and drainage. The gentle, upward strokes of your facial roller are designed to improve your circulation, which is the reason why skin looks glowing after it has been rolled. It not only encourages blood flow, but it also helps stimulate the skin cells to produce collagen, which is one of the best ways to get firm, hydrated skin. The motion of the roller promotes lymphatic drainage, which helps drain toxins from our body. Helping the lymphatic system to drain can cause our skin to look fresher and can clear up inflammation such as acne.
- Helps sagging skin. Rolling in the upward motion tightens muscles around the jaw, neck, and even under the eyes. Working the muscles in this manner helps improve the skin’s elasticity, which will help with areas of sagging skin.
- Can help with headaches. Another benefit of using facial rollers is that they can help your facial skin relax and reduce tension. If you’re prone to getting tension headaches, try taking your roller and going over your skin in soft, gentle, upward motions. Focus on your forehead or temples, and take in long soothing breaths as you move the roller. This is especially helpful if you have an ice roller, as the coolness from the roller is sure to help ease tension and reduce inflammation.
How to use a face roller
Face rollers are an easy way to get the skin you’ve always dreamed of. They’re super simple to use, and require no prior experience! No matter which type of stone you decide to use in your facial roller (jade, rose quartz, amethyst, obsidian, metal) you’ll want to follow some basic rules. After all, there is a method to achieving the best results, and it is not recommended to just go back and forth on your facial skin.
Once you’ve got your facial roller, follow these easy steps:
- Start by washing your face with your usual cleanser. Dry it off with a towel, and then apply either a serum, oil, or moisturizer to your clean skin. You want to have one of these products on your face before you roller as this will give the roller a little extra slip and allow it to easily glide over your face.
- Now you’re ready to start rolling. We recommend starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. You can start with your neck, making upward strokes from the base to your jawline. Then continuing to use upward motions, glide the roller from your jawline up towards your temples. Use only upward strokes as you move the roller over your cheeks. When you’ve done both sides of your face, roll from your eyebrows to your hairline across your forehead. Then roll under your eyes from your nose to your temples. You can roll from your chin to your earlobes, and from your upper lip outwards to your ears.
- Try to do each area around five times with moderate pressure to the skin. Afterwards you should notice a firmness and less puffiness that perhaps wasn’t there when you began! You can finish it all off by applying a nice moisturizer to help your skin glow.
How to use an ice roller on face
Using an ice roller on your face is similar to using a jade or rose quartz roller. If you have an ice roller, chances are you’re probably storing it in the freezer. That is, after all, how you’ll get the most benefits out of it. You can use your ice roller anytime you want a quick pick me up for your skin, or you just want a way to easily relax. But if you want to get the full benefits, consider adding it to your morning routine.
Wash your face and apply your serums, moisturizer, and sunblock. Then take your ice roller out of the freezer and use the gentle, upward motions we mentioned above. Your face will love the cooling sensation, and the gentle strokes will help your face look its best. Place it back in the freezer until you’re ready to use it again.
Pro tip: Consider storing your ice roller in the freezer, instead of just popping it in 15 minutes before use. When it has a long time to freeze, you’ll be sure to get a more even, cold application with each use.
What will your face look like before and after a face roller?
Ice rollers have some amazing benefits, so you can expect your face to look better after you use it. The main benefits include:
- Reducing puffiness of your eyes and face
- Reduces inflammation
- Promotes circulation
- Helps your skin absorb products better
If you find you’re suffering from any of these issues, or you just want your face to look more youthful and glowing, an ice roller could be just what you need.
The best ice rollers out there
These are our favorite ice rollers right now for you to pick up
This ice roller is effective and great for those on a budget. If you’re looking for a powerful ice roller that doesn’t cost a fortune, you can’t go wrong with this roller from Vanity Planet. The roller is stainless steel, which means this roller is going to stay cold for a long time. According to the specs, it can actually stay cold for up to two hours outside of the freezer. While you probably won’t need to have it out that long, it’s nice to know your skin will get even, cold rolls from this item. Its large roll is easy to use, and you’re able to cover sections of the face without it taking too much time, which is great if you’re in a time crunch in the morning.
At only $19, this ice roller is hard to beat!
Store it in the freezer and try to use each morning! This is one of the most popular ice rollers out there, and with 4.5 stars and over 20,000 reviews on Amazon, it’s safe to say this roller works. It’s easy to use and stays cold, so you can be sure it’ll work to reduce puffiness, increase blood circulation, and even reduce tension and relax the muscles in your face. It’s only $18.99 and a great way to get more glowing skin.
This fancy ice roller is great for smaller sections of the face. If you prefer an ice roller that isn’t too large, you may want to look into the BeautyBio Cryo Skin Icing Roller. While it has a heavier price tag ($85), this stainless steel roller has a sleek look that is designed to freeze quickly. You also get to take advantage of both a large and small roller, which is super helpful when you’re trying to roll under your eyes, or around the nose and mouth. Reviewers also like how durable it is, so if this is in your price range, go for it!
Ice rolling is a great way to help your face look its best every day. No matter what size or material you get, you’re guaranteed to see the results with consistent use!