Getting a perm can lead to hair damage and breakage, so, it’s essential to take proper care to maintain the quality of your hair. Today I’m going to tell you about 6 shampoos for permed hair. Another thing we have to keep in mind is that we cannot use our regular shampoo and conditioner after getting a perm. So, to help maintain the perm, keep it lustrous and voluminous, the easiest and not affordable solution is to get a nourishing shampoo and a hydrating conditioner. Here are the 5 best shampoo and conditioners for permed hair.
What are the Best Shampoo and Conditioners for Permed Hair?
Here is a list of the 5 best shampoos and conditioners to give your permed hair a natural glow.
1. Shea Moisture Strengthen and Restore Shampoo and Conditioner
The shea moisture strengthens and restores the shampoo and the conditioner is made from certified organic shea butter. It consists of Jamaican black castor oil, peppermint oil, and apple cider vinegar.
The Following are the Benefits of Shea Moisture for Permed Hair:
- Adds volume to the hair
- Promotes hair growth, balance scalp pH
- Heals chemically treated hair
- Make the curls soft, bouncy, shiny and help retain them
2. Garnier Fructis Curl Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner
This product is highly effective as well as affordable. It comes with additional leave-in buttercream to nourish and heal the chemically treated hair. The conditioner is composed of glycerine, coconut oil, vitamins B3 and B6, active fruit protein, and fruit and plant-derived extracts to make the hair stronger and softer.
The Benefits of this Product are:
- Detangles hair
- Trio pack with nourishing buttercream
- Fresh fruity odor
- Helps retain curls
3. Hask Coconut Milk and Organic Honey Shampoo and Conditioner
Hask coconut milk and organic honey shampoo and conditioner are color-safe, paraben-free products that protect permed hair and prevent frizzing. Made from hydrating ingredients like coconut milk and organic honey, this shampoo strengthens dry and brittle hair.
Its Benefits are:
- Add bounce, shine, and volume.
- Boost shine, hydration, and nourishment.
- Seals split ends.
- Remove buildup without stripping the hair of natural oils.
- Nourish the hair strands.
4. TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Shampoo and Conditioner
This product helps to detangle and define the curls. It provides high-quality hydration and cleanses the scalp of dirt and excess oils
The Benefits of this Product are:
- Work for permed or natural curls.
- Make the hair soft and shiny.
- Gently cleanse the scalp.
- Smell great
- Hydrate and moisturize hair.
- Best shampoo for adding volume and texture
- Retain curls for a longer duration.
5. Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Shampoo And Conditioner
The Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Shampoo And Conditioner provide your permed hair with the best hydration and nourishment. They make your hair strong and keep it soft and shiny. The salon-crafted caviar and protein complex shampoo retains moisture and replenishes damaged and chemically treated hair.
The Benefits of this Shampoo and Conditioner are:
- Replenish hydration in dry and brittle hair.
- Cleanse the scalp.
- Nourish and hydrate hair strands.
- Caviar protein complex locks moisture.
- Make hair silky smooth.
- Keep the curls tight
6. Tree to Tub Soapberry and Argan Oil For Hair
This shampoo and conditioner contain organic ingredients. The shampoo cleans the scalp and hair perfectly and provides nourishment and hydration to the permed hair. These products maintain the perfect balance of the scalp PH of 5.5. These products contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This shampoo is perfect for dry and damaged scalp.
The Benefits Of this Shampoo and Conditioner
- Good for Sensitive scalp
- Aloe Vera and chemocline helps to reappear damaged scalp
- SLS free
- Silicon and paraben-free
- It protects the curls
- protect the hair from damage
How to Choose a Shampoo for Permed Hair?
When choosing a shampoo for permed hair, you have to keep in mind that the product should be,
- formulated with natural ingredients to repair your hair,
- contain humectants for moisturizing
- Keratin and Collagen for reconstruction and growth.
- The product must be paraben and sulfate-free as these are concentrated chemicals that will dry out your treated hair.
Why Does Permed Hair Need a Different Shampoo?
Permed hair is chemically treated hair to change its natural structure into semi-permanent curls. It is essential to use a different shampoo for permed hair as it is prone to breakage, damage, frizz, and even hair loss.
To retain hydration, promote damage protection, make the hair shiny, soft, and healthy and help it get back its former glory, it is important to use shampoo for permed hair.
How to Maintain your Perm?
Maintaining a perm is a bit of a hassle but the end results are worth it. These are a few steps you need to follow to retain perm for a long time:
- Treat your hair like it’s naturally curly rather than chemically treated
- Avoid using heat
- Don’t comp your hair if not wet, that will make it unmanageable and frizzy
- Condition and moisturize often
- Make sure all the products you use in your hair are not highly chemical and Curl friendly.
These were some of the best shampoo and conditioners for permed hair. Get a perm and follow your perm hair care routine to bring out the life in your beautiful hair. With the right shampoo and hair care products and habits, flaunt and shine your gorgeous curls at any time any day!