Kaju Katli is the famous sweet of India. Today I’m telling you the Best way to make kaju katli. It is also very tasty to eat. This dessert is made entirely of cashew nuts and sugar is added to it for sweetness. Cashew nut has a distinct taste, that’s why cashew katli is one of the most different types of sweets. You can call Kaju katli a cashew sweet, cashew slice. Today we will tell the best way to make Kaju Katli.
- 1 kg Cashew
- 1kg sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp ghee (you can add 1-2 spoons extra)
- Silver Layer sheet
How to Make Kaju Katli?
- First of all, you have to wash the cashews thoroughly. Cashew is not cleaned properly in one go, so cashew will have to be washed a second time.
- After washing the cashews thoroughly, make a paste by putting it in the mixture grinder. Add some water while making a paste; it will make cashew a creamy texture.
- If you want, you can use sugar directly for taste or if you want, you can grind sugar in a grinder to make sugar powder. I have made sugar powder, so today I will use sugar powder.
- Put cashew paste in a nonstick pan. Add sugar or sugar powder with it. Now mix cashew paste and sugar in low flame with the help of a spatula for 20 or 30 minutes.
- Keep adding cashew paste and sugar till the texture of the cashew becomes tight.
- After cooking properly, you will be able to see that the color of cashew paste will turn a little golden brown.
- Now the cashew has to be taken off the gas and ghee has to be mixed in it. Ghee needs to be mixed well in cashew paste.
- After this, cashew has to be given the shape of Kaju sweets, so with the help of a rolling pin, roll the cashew dough. Cashew dough does not need too thin vine. It has to be rolled a bit thick
- Stick the silver layer on the cashew. Now the rolled cashew has to be cut into a diamond shape with the help of a knife.
Your cashew katli is ready, now you can enjoy cashew katli like confectionery at home. These are very tasty to eat, just like cashew katli bought in the store. I hope you like this recipe. Do try it at home.