Pizza is the number one voted food item in America. There is a variety of pizza, but why is Chicago pizza so on demand? The answer is everything. Yes, everything about Chicago pizza makes it special. The uniqueness of this pizza is, this Chicago style pizza does not look like other varieties of pizza. Every little detail in this Chicago-style pizza recipe makes it different from other pizzas.
What is Chicago-style pizza?
Flaky crust and the crunchy edge is the secret key to this pizza. The crust of this pizza is absolutely different from regular pizza. Cornmeal makes the crust crunchy, and it tastes so good. The crust in this Chicago-style pizza is so buttery, and you can call it the butteries pizza crust in the world.
If you get buttery and flaky texture in this Chicago-style pizza crust, then you have to laminate the dough. Dough laminating is the process to make the crust flaky. Laminating and coating butter is the key to the taste of Chicago-style pizza. It sounds hard but trusts me after doing this process; the pizza crust is started melting in your mouth.
How to make Chicago-style pizza?
You can call this Chicago-style pizza a Chicago deep-dish pizza. Chicago-style pizza is thick than other pizzas. I usually baked this pizza into an 8-9 inch large iron skillet or cake baking skillet. The pizza sauce is incredibly thick and a little sweet and this is my most favorite part of Chicago Pizza. I like spicy so I add some red pepper flex into the sauce.
The craziest thing is in this pizza is cheese layers. A whole lotta cheese goes in this pizza. You can add mozzarella cheese into Chicago deep-dish pizza. The taste of fresh mozzarella cheese is incredibly awesome.
Let’s jump to the easy deep dish pizza recipe. You can add this pizza recipe to your Chicago pizza menu.
Ingredients for the crust
- 400g all-purpose flour
- 300ml warm water
- ½ cup unsalted butter (¼ cup melted and ¼ cup soften to room temperature)
- Olive oil for coating
- A little bit of salt for taste
- 2and half teaspoon red platinum yeast
- 1tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup cornmeal
Ingredient for the Tomato Sauce
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
- 3 minced garlic clove
- 700-gram Tomato
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flex for spicy
Ingredients for Topping
- 4 cup mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
Deep dish Chicago Pizza Step By Step:
- 11 Food You Can Add To Your Christmas Food Box Undoubtedly
- Best Graduation Cake Ideas for Your Graduation Party
- How to Cook Turkey Wings Like a Chef – Get the Full Recipe Step by Step
Let’s Know How to Make a Chicago Style Pizza Dough
- Combine salt, yeast, flour, cornmeal, and sugar in a big bowl with a hand mixer or you can combine it with your hand. Quick toss those ingredients with a large spoon.
- Add the warm water and make sure that the water is not very hot. Add melted butter. Beat those ingredients until the texture got moistened. If the dough is too hard you can add 1-2 tbsp of water. This step will make the crust tastier in Chicago style pizza.
- Grease a mixing bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside of the bowl and started turning the dough around so the oil got coated on the dough. Cover the dough with a wrapper for 2 hours and let it be ready for pizza. It will be double in size after 2 hours.
- When the dough is ready remove the dough from the bowl. Set the bowl and wrapper aside. Punch the dough and make sure that there was no air bubble inside of the dough. Roll the dough in a big rectangle and coat butter on it and roll it. Cut the dough into half and put into the refrigerator into a greased bowl cover with the wrapper.
Let’s Know How to Make the Tomato Sauce For the Chicago style pizza
- Let the butter melt in medium heat into a large skillet. When butter melted add onions, red pepper flex, salt, and dried oregano.
- When the onion changed the color of it’s add garlic sugar and tomatoes. Let it simmer for 30 minutes. Let the amount reduce and thick.
- You can store this sauce for 2 days in the refrigerator in a tight glass jar.
Chicago Style Pizza Making
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and Roll it up with a rolling pin. sprinkle some flour when rolling. And make a big 12-inch circle.
- Put the dough circle into the cake pan and make sure that the edges are not coming out of the cake pan. two more step and Chicago style pizza will be ready.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and fill the pizza with cheese and others mentioned ingredients. Topping with the tomato sauce and cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the top
- Bake it for 27- 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for some time and slightly cut into pieces and enjoy the yummiest Deep dish Chicago style pizza.